If there is a universal truth in this world, it would be that most, if not all, men and women want to look younger and better. Signs of aging such as wrinkles and frown lines can make you look tired and unbecoming. When left untreated, they can make you look significantly older than you really are.
Why do we get wrinkles?
Wrinkles and frown lines are the results of premature aging. They appear when the blood vessels in the face constrict, tightening the skin, resulting in wrinkles. Since the skin loses its elasticity with age, it can result to sagging and drooping skin.
The most common causes of wrinkles are frowning too much, worrying, and stress. Aside from this, poor water and nutritional intake can also trigger more frown lines.
How do we slow it down?
While there is no stopping the aging process, you can still slow it down significantly so that you would look younger and fresher longer. Here are some of the things you can do to slow down the process of premature aging.
- Moisturize – If your skin is dehydrated, it would look drier and show more frown lines. Instead, breathe life into your skin by keeping it hydrated. Moisturize during the day and apply its equivalent at nighttime. Doing so would give your skin a plumper appearance.
- Exfoliate – After moisturizing, make sure that you exfoliate at least once a week. Using a microdermabrasion kit would remove dead skin cells, ensuring that healthy, younger-looking skin would be visible. This would then result to brightening up your skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines.
- Sunblock – Protecting your skin from the sun can do wonders to your appearance. Too much sun exposure can make you look older and even put you at risk of skin cancer. As such, it is important that you protect your skin against the harmful UVA and UVB rays. If you do not want to apply too many products to your face, then ensure that your moisturizer comes with sunblock properties.
- Eat healthy – Eat food that can help restore your skin’s vitality, such as fishes rich in omega-3 fatty acids. This supplement can give your skin a plumper appearance, which also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. You can also take supplements that would mimic these effects, such as vitamins that are rich in vitamins A, E, and C.
- Drink plenty of water – Drink plenty of liquids such as water and natural juices during the day. Avoid drinking caffeine, which can dry your skin. If your skin is well-moisturized, it will look plump and healthy. Aside from keeping your skin glowing, your body will also thank you for it.
- Be gentle – Lastly, avoid rubbing your face too vigorously. When washing your face, use your fingertips and apply gentle pressure. Resist the urge to scrub thoroughly when using products such as facial scrubs, as doing so can break down your skin and open up your pores for more harmful bacteria that can even trigger more skin imperfections.